Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Langkawi Island: Geo Park and Cable Car

After being made a few hundred ringgit poorer at the Craft Center, I headed for one of Langkawi's greatest attraction - the cable car! I have to walk through the GeoPark in order to get to the counters selling tickets for the cable car.

There were four packages -- cable car only (RM20), express lane (RM70), private gondola (RM400) and trekking package (RM104). There weren't many people that day, so I opted for the cable car only ticket. If the queue is very long, it might be worth it to spend more money for the express lane ticket. If you're traveling with friends or friends, and have deep pocket, the private gondolo seems like a good deal.

On the way to the cable car.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

I have a confession to make. I'm terrified of heights. So this is actually a challenge for me to confront my fear. The cable car ride was smooth. Despite my fear, it's impossible not to be awed by the view. I don't have the words to describe it. Visitors have to get off upon arrival at the middle station. The view from here was spectacular but don't linger too long. Snap a few photos and then get back into the queue to take the next cable car to the top station.

View from the middle station.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

Observation deck at the middle station.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

The view at the top station was even more spectacular. The rock formation here at Mount Machincang is 550 million years old -- the oldest in South East Asia. This is the birth place of Malaysia. It is the only geoforest in the world that was made from sandstone.

A view of the Sky Bridge from the Middle Station.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

The highlight of this visit is the Sky Bridge, of course. You have to pay an additional RM5 to go to the bridge and trek about 250 meters to get there. Hey, as long as you're there, you might as well experience the Sky Bridge. Even if you're terrified of heights. Just scare yourself to death and get over it! Life goes on. :)

Waterfall view from the cable car.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

I saw this waterfall from the cable car on my way down. Awesome, hah? The ride down was faster than the ride up. On your way out, you'll find a big souvenir shop selling crafts and there's one section that sells pearls.

By this time, I was tired and famished. Zuhur prayer first and then lunch. There are separate prayer rooms for men and women (of course). You can see it when you walk into GeoPark. After praying, I headed for the food courts. There five or six stalls at the food court (too hungry to count). All halal food. There is one stall selling German cuisines. The rest are local food.

Too hungry to be fussy, I simply ordered paprik rice and fruit juice at the second stall from the left. Sorry, no photos. Yes, I was too hungry to snap more photos. The food was disappointing. Lunch was only RM15.50 but I didn't think it was even worth paying that much. Yes, it was that bad.

After lunch, I headed back to the hotel. It must've been almost 3 p.m. by the time I got back to the hotel. I showered and napped. And then I headed for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penang Aquarium (Akuarium Tunku Abdul Rahman)

This aquarium is run by the Fisheries Department. The entry fee is only MYR5. It's small compared to Langkawi Aquarium, but still wor...