Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Langkawi Island: Amoaras Spa

What's a vacation if you don't pamper yourself at the spa? I headed for the Amoaras Spa, which is a spa at the hotel.

Amoaras spa. I did a full body massage and facial. Good and relaxing.

A photo posted by Muslim Travel Stories (@muslimtravelstories) on

The spa was cozy. I decided to have a full body massage and a facial treatment. The treatment started with a 20-minute sauna followed by a shower. The body massage was good and relaxing. The facial treatment made use of all natural ingredients. The treatments were good and of the standard you'd expect at the spa. The price was also reasonable - not much more than the amount I've paid at other spas.

This was my last night in Langkawi. That evening, I just didn't feel like dressing up to go out for dinner, so I ordered room service - rack of lamb. The mint sauce was very nice but the lamb was another story. It was so hard, I couldn't cut it using the knife. I ended up picking the lamb lamb and eating with my hands. Don't think the rack of lambs was worth the RM49.90 price tag.

Overall, I thought the service at Holiday Villa Beach and Spa Resort was above average. Except for the buffet breakfast and barbecue buffet dinner, the food at the hotel restaurants was disappointing. So if you're not too tired or on the brink of starvation, it would be better to venture out and eat at nearby restaurants - there are several.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penang Aquarium (Akuarium Tunku Abdul Rahman)

This aquarium is run by the Fisheries Department. The entry fee is only MYR5. It's small compared to Langkawi Aquarium, but still wor...